Tips for Getting Along with Your Brother’s Wife: Quick Read
- Understand that it’s natural to be a little jealous. The important thing is to control your jealousy, not to let jealousy control you.
- Behave with empathy. Your sister-in-law is from a totally different family. Help her adjust in your family by having a friendly attitude and a warm approach.
- Get to know your common ideas and hobbies. Develop friendship over those areas where both of you are comfortable.
- Don’t ask your brother to choose between you and his wife. Questions like “Whom do you love more? Me or your wife?”is downright immature. You are sure to lose.
- If you have a problem with her, talk to her; not your brother. He’s going to support his wife anyway.
- Don’t try to badmouth her to your mom or brother with an intention of ripping them apart. It may work for a couple of days… but in the long run, it’s going to backfire on you.