Note: This article simply uses masculine gender words like (he, him, his) for the sake of easy experience to the readers. However, it can apply to both the genders.
As your life gets caught up with kids, home, office and cooking, the love and romance between partners take a backseat. Although this may not be a red-flag for your relationship, it can definitely contribute to boredom and marital issues. And soon, you will start losing the essence of marriage.
It’s during such boring years; you can once again bring the spark on. Straight to the point, the best gift you can give your beloved is to make him feel loved.
When was the last time you told your partner that you
- are extremely happy with him.
- love him more than anyone else.
- feel grateful to be his spouse.
It’s easy to get caught up with work/kids and leave your spouse, but tiny acts of love do go a long way in building a strong relationship. Remember that when your kids grow big and leave you, it will be only the two of you.
So express your love in the most creative ways you can. This will ultimately create the one of the best memories of your life.
Humans aren’t mind readers, so let’s make sure we all express love to our partners in a creative way.
Dedicate an entire day to him.
Once in a month, make a point to express your gratitude to him. Pick any random or boring weekend and make that a special day to him.
Here’s probably what you can do for the entire day:
- Start the day by waking your partner with kisses, while a soft melodious music runs in the background.
- Have a Pennant Banner your bedroom that says “Good morning, honey” or “I Love You”.
- If he likes it, surprise him by having breakfast or coffee on bed together. Heart themed food is cool. Dice the fruit or sandwich into a nice heart shape. Or make some pancakes in heart shape. Put a couple of strawberries along.
- Then prepare a nice bubble bath for your partner. . . . And dress him up!
- Slip him a love note that says “I absolutely love every moment of your life with you.”
- Drive him to a favorite restaurant and spend your time there. Give him a small gift. It may be a key chain, a greeting card, or a message in a bottle. Make sure there’s yet another love note inside it letting him know that you love him more than anyone else.
- Give him some space, let him watch his favorite soccer match or play his video game in the afternoon. Or take a nap together.
- Spend your evening however you both like it; going out to a movie, hanging out with friends etc.
- Wear his favorite dress for dinner. Whether you eat at home or eat out, make sure it’s a candle lit dinner. Dinner in moon light will also do great. Show him extra gratitude, be kind. Spoon feed him here and there. (Make sure it isn’t embarrassing in anyway) Give him occasional kisses. Laugh with him. Flirt.
- Give your final note of the day after you come back home. “Every day with you around feels as wonderful and special as you felt today. Thank you for being there with me. I love you.”
- Give him a good body massage if it isn’t too late. No one knows where it might lead to!
Add your own ideas and personalize things to make your beloved’s day even more special.
- You don’t fight, nag or be angry with him for any reason that day even if you are tempted to.
- He has no appointments or work on the chosen day. Make sure he’s absolutely free and bored.
- You send your kids over your mom’s place or somewhere. This is a day just for the two of you.
- You don’t discuss work, kids or anything else. Even if your partner starts a conversation on those, give a simple reply back. Don’t prolong.
No matter what you do, how you express it, the best gift you can give your beloved is the letting him know you are happy with him and that you trust him.
How did you express your love to your partner? I’d love to hear your opinions.